Information For Parents
Thank you for considering your child’s involvement in the Be My Vote Campaign. We’re blessed by his or her passion to end abortion. Our goal is simply to get pro-life Christian adults registered to vote. Of the 60 million Christians of voting age in the U.S., only about half vote in any given election or are even registered to vote. We think this represents a “sleeping giant” – imagine the impact we could have on the future of America if Christians made their voices heard on Election Day!
We believe that young people who are passionately pro-life – like your son or daughter – can influence their elders to register and vote. Teens who are too young to vote can still make their voices heard by encouraging pro-life Christian adults to ‘be their vote.’ Your son or daughter will be encouraged to do one or more of the following activities (whichever activities he or she feels comfortable with):
- After they’ve submitted the Register ONE pledge, they can use the Voter Look Up tool to find family and friends that aren’t registered to vote. (submitting the pledge is how they will get their name entered in the drawing for the 2012 Chevy Camaro).
- Host a voter registration drive at their church, other churches, Christian bookstore, Christian concert, Christian Schools, etc.
- Send out videos to family and friends via email, Facebook, Twitter, etc. asking them to register to vote.
- Simply talk to their family, neighbors, and church members about whether or not they’re registered to vote. If they’re not registered, your son or daughter can give them one of these handouts and ask them to register.
Detailed instructions, guidelines, and materials for every activity are provided. By submitting the Register ONE pledge, your son or daughter is automatically entered to win the 2012 Chevy Camaro. AND, every time your son or daughter gets a pro life adult registered to vote, his or her name will be entered in the drawing to win other amazing prizes.
Safety will be our first priority. Our plans and instructions include safeguards to insure this. Please review our website carefully and let us know if you have any questions. We hope you’ll let your child “get in the game” and make a real difference in the 2012 election. We believe that this will help prepare our young people to take their place as responsible, engaged voters in the future.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or by phone 877-281-1128.
Be My Vote activities must be done with integrity, honesty, and within the rules and safety guidelines provided. You must:
- Have permission from a parent or guardian if you’re under 18.
- Conduct Be My Vote activities with a partner.
- Use only approved Be My Vote scripts, materials and procedures.
- Demonstrate a respectful, gracious attitude at all times.
- Accept registrations from all individuals, even if they say they are not pro-life.
- Represent Be My Vote with integrity and honesty.